- Are you an Internationally-trained teacher with a Bachelor of Education (BEd) or equivalent degree?
- Have you sent your qualifications to the evaluators at the Alberta Education: Teaching Excellence and Certification? For directions, go to: https://education.alberta.ca/teaching-in-alberta-what-you-need-to-know/teacher-certification/
- Have you received a letter back from an evaluator at Alberta Education: Teaching Excellence and Certification? The evaluators in Teaching Excellence and Certification will let you know how many university courses and/or weeks of supervised practicum you need to take in order to have the same amount as a student teacher in an Albertan Teacher Preparation Program.
- Did you take your teacher preparation courses in a Language other than English?
- Are you able to attend a full-time program during the day?
If you answered "yes" to all five questions, the Bridge to Teaching Program can help you become authorized to teach in Alberta Schools.