The following items answer some frequently asked questions about ePortfolio.
1) What should I put in my ePortfolio?
Here are some suggestions.
2) How do I share my ePortfolio with someone in my course?
By default, everything in your D2L ePortfolio is private and can’t be viewed by others. You also can’t share your entire ePortfolio – you select the particular items you have created or uploaded, such as a website, a reflection or a Word document. In order to allow others to view something in your ePortfolio, use the drop down arrow next to the item you want to share. Select share, Add Users and Groups, and search for the person you want to share with.
3) How do I make my website (presentation) public - that is, viewable by everyone?
Use the drop down arrow next to the presentation you want to make public. Select share, and turn on Allow public viewing of presentation
The Share URL listed is the link you would send to whomever you would like to see your website.
I suggest using a URL shortener such as goo.gl to make your URL shorter/nicer for people to access.
4) How do I continue to work on my ePortfolio after leaving the university?
This document explains the process.
5) Where can I get free images?
Please check the section ‘Resources for Editing ePortfolios‘ on this website for suggestions.
6) Can I use pictures of students from my practicum in my ePortfolio?
This document talks about the use of these images.
7) If I use my own banner image when creating a website, what size should it be?
980 x 200 pixels