Excellence in Service Award
The Excellence in Service Award is presented annually to one (1) AUPE staff member or one (1) Management and Professional Staff member who has demonstrated continuous dedication and cooperation in their service to students, academic and support staff, and the general public. The nomination will be adjudicated using the criteria below.
A nominee should be an individual who:
- provides the highest level of service to the School community;
- goes beyond the requirements of their position to creatively promote the School’s core values;
- demonstrates initiative in improving work processes that anticipate client needs and interests;
- takes the initiative to continuously expand knowledge and skills; and
- contributes to the overall success of students, clients and colleagues.
Current University of Calgary Werklund School of Education AUPE or MaPS staff members (including all continuing, fixed or limited term staff) are eligible for this award.
Rules and Guidelines
- Nominations for this award can be made by students, alumni, academic or support staff members, or members of the community
- The nominee must display excellence within the Werklund School of Education
- The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete nomination package (maximum 10 pages) to the Chair of the Awards Committee by June 15, 2021
- Recipients of this award will receive funding to be used towards a professional learning activity. All funding must be spent within 18 months of the nomination deadline.
The nomination package consists of three parts:
- Part 1: WSE Support Staff Award Application form
- Part 2: Nominator letter of support
- Part 3: A minimum of two signed letters of support (one of which must be from the nominee’s supervisor)
All nominations are reviewed by members of the Support Staff Awards Committee and evaluated based on the evidence provided in the application and a rating on the overall quality of the submission.
The Excellence in Service Award recipient will be announced and honoured at an appropriate venue. The award recipient will receive $500 to be used towards a professional learning opportunity of their choice, and a letter from the Werklund School of Education acknowledging the honour.
Completed nomination packages should be submitted as one PDF file and sent to:
Stacy Gooliaff, Chair
Werklund School of Education Awards Selection Committee