Staff Collaboration Excellence Award
The Staff Collaboration Excellence Award is presented annually to a collaborative group (e.g., maximum 6) comprised of AUPE and MaPS along with Academic staff members who sought out and created opportunities to collaborate and demonstrated initiative in improving procedures, practices, productivity, and/or service that has had a major positive impact that aligns with the Werklund School’s strategic direction. Each collaborative group must have at least one staff member from two of the staffing categories (AUPE, MaPS, and Academic). The nomination will be adjudicated using the criteria below:
A nominee should be an individual who:
- demonstrated collaboration on a routine or a special process or initiative;
- demonstrated initiative in improving procedures, practices, productivity or service levels;
- performed work to a high level of quality with a high degree of harmony;
- implements change resulting in significant impact to the School; and
- goes beyond the requirements of their position to creatively promote the School’s core values
Current University of Calgary Werklund School of Education AUPE or MaPS staff members (including all continuing, fixed or limited term staff) are eligible for this award.
Rules and Guidelines
- Nominations for this award can be made by students, alumni, academic or support staff members, or members of the community
- The nominee must display excellence within the Werklund School of Education
- The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete nomination package (maximum 10 pages) to the Chair of the Awards Committee by June 15, 2021
- Recipients of this award will receive funding to be used towards a professional learning activity. All funding must be spent within 18 months of the nomination deadline.
The nomination package consists of three parts:
- Part 1: WSE Support Staff Award Application form
- Part 2: Nominator letter of support
- Part 3: A minimum of two signed letters of support (one of which must be from the nominee’s supervisor)
All nominations are reviewed by members of the Support Staff Awards Committee and evaluated based on the evidence provided in the application and a rating on the overall quality of the submission.
The Staff Collaboration Excellence Award recipient(s) will be announced and honoured at the Annual Werklund School of Education’s Startup event. The award recipient group will receive $500 to be divided equally among the recipients to be used towards a professional learning opportunity of their choice, and a letter from the Werklund School of Education acknowledging the honour.
Completed nomination packages should be submitted as one PDF file and sent to:
Stacy Gooliaff, Chair
Werklund School of Education Awards Selection Committee