Research and Scholarly Activity
- English as a foreign language (EFL)
- English for academic purposes (EAP) curriculum design
- English for academic purposes (EAP) teaching
- Heritage language instruction
- Pedagogical approaches in ESL/EAP teaching and learning environments
- Second language acquisition (SLA)
Dr. Anuradha Sengupta received her Ph.D. in Second Language Acquisition/Second Language Literacy and Adult ESL from Washington State University. Her doctoral research focused on academic English proficiency levels of international graduate students in the United States. Dr. Sengupta started with IFP in October of 2004 and became Director of the program in 2006. She has been involved with the development of the program's Academic Plan, vision/mission/values statement, curriculum audit and overhaul, and program expansion into graduate seminars and EAP off shore programs on the U of C Doha, Qatar Campus, as well as spearheading practicum placements for Werklund School of Education M.Ed TESL students and C/W placements of B.Ed Master's of Teaching students with IFP. In addition to her administrative duties and teaching, Dr. Sengupta continues to support Graduate students (M.A., Ed.D., and Ph.D.) and foreign trained educators looking for second language research sites for data collection/analysis and practicum placement sites via IFP.