Research and scholarly activity
- Early childhood education
- Collaborative research initiatives among schools, communities and universities
- Mentoring student teachers
- Children's literature
Cynthia’s research focus is on early learning and education and collaborative research initiatives among schools, communities and universities.
Cynthia’s work has been focusing on the areas of research initiatives for faculty, schools and the community. Cynthia is the Director of Student Experiences in the Werklund School of Education in the Undergraduate Programs in Education at the University of Calgary. In this capacity she works closely with faculty and students. Her area of Specialization is in Early Childhood Education (BEd, MEd) and she is recognized as an expert in this area. She has taught a variety of courses within the Werklund School of Education and previously taught grades K-3 in both private and public systems.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Cynthia Prasow represents the Werklund School of Education on the Early Childhood Education Provincial Executive Committee and the Early Learning Collaborative Community Committee of the Calgary Regional Consortium. She continues to offer her expertise in early learning and parenting to both the public and private organizations and schools.
As well she is a member of the Education Committee of the Calgary Jewish Federation.
Early Learning Early Grades Research , Galileo Network, 2012 September, This annotated bibliography is on the Galileo Website and consists of summaries of articles and reports on early childhood education with a particular focus on play and early learning for both Educators and Parents. The annotated bibliography consists of three categories: Play and Pedagogy, Types of Play and What is Play. , Jane Hewes, Anna Kirova, Cynthia Prasow, http://galileo.org
- Order of the University of Calgary, 2019
- Education Award, City of Calgary, (2017)
- Early Childhood Education Provincial Achievement Award, Alberta Teachers’ Association (2014)This award was presented to Cynthia for her contributions in the field of early childhood education by exemplifying the philosophy of the Early Childhood Education Council and has taken action to promote this philosophy.
- “U Make a Difference Award”, Werklund School of Education (2011)
- Excellence in Teaching Award Students' Union University of Calgary (2007)