What's Involved: Students are primarily responsible for developing lesson plans and working with our staff to deliver programming.
Lesson Plan Development: Developing a template for lesson plans, transcribing existing lesson plans into the new template, and generating new ideas for lesson plans.
Programming: 3 hours weekly program delivery on Saturdays from 9 am to 12 pm. Weekday sessions may be available to attend in the spring. Students must attend two sessions throughout their placement. Students are welcome to attend as many sessions as they would like to gain experience leading outdoor learning programs.
- Pre-service teachers need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued after July 1 of the current academic year). Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
Apply for Wildflower Community Farm
- Go to Elevate and click on Werklund School of Education
- Click My Werklund Experiences
- Go to Courses/Program
- Select the ILC - Wildflower Community Farm Curriculum Design Team and click Apply
- Complete the the questionnaire and we will contact you for next steps!