Werklund School of Education, Specialization, Adult Learning
Doctor of Philosophy, Teacher Education, Laurentian University Sudbury, 2012
Bachelor of Education, History, Nipissing University, 2005
M.Ed. Adult Education, St. Francis Xavier University, 1995
B.A. Political Science, Laurentian University Sudbury, 1983
Dr. Danyluk's research extends to teacher education, critical service learning, community engagement and reconciliatory pedagogy. She has seventeen years of experience working with preservice teachers during practica. In 2021, she became the academic co-coordinator for the M.Ed. certificate in Community Engagement: An Ethical Practice. She completed her Ph.D. at Laurentian University, her Master's in Adult Education at St. Francis Xavier University and her B.Ed. at Nipissing University. Dr. Danyluk's research focuses on pre-service teacher development.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Dr. Danyluk is currently the Chair of the Adult Education Studies Area. She also holds the role of Year Two Curriculum Coordinator for the Bachelor of Education Program.
- Canadian Association of Teacher Education
- Ontario College of Teachers
- B.C. College of Teachers
Areas of Research
Dr. Danyluk’s research focuses on teacher development specifically as it relates to the practicum. Throughout her career, Dr. Danyluk has worked with remote northern communities in northern Manitoba, Ontario and Alberta. Her research examines the development of new teachers in remote, rural and Indigenous communities.
- Teacher education
- Adult education
- Indigenous education
- Community Engagement
Participation in university strategic initiatives
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|EDER 655.21||Social Movements and Community Engagement||Spring 2021|
|EDER 655.22||Community Engaged Practice||Winter 2021|
|EDUC 530||Indigenous Education||Fall 2021|
SSHRC Insight Grant
- Alan Blizzard Award, Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. 2021
- Teaching Scholars Award, Taylor Institute, University of Calgary. 2019
- Online Teaching Excellence Award. Werklund School of Education, Werklund School of Education. 2020
- Patricia Jill Danyluk; Amy Burns. Brock Education. 63-78. (2021)
- Patricia Jill Danyluk; Theodora Kapoyannis; Astrid Kendrick. International Journal of Online Education. 39-58. (2021)
- Patricia Jill Danyluk; Amy Burns;Kathryn Crawford, S. Laurie Hill. Teaching Education. 1-14. (2020)
- Yvonne Poitras Pratt; Patricia Jill Danyluk. The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. 1-16. (2019)
In the News
- How do we move reconciliation in schools forward? . Education Canada. (2020)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.