How can we help you?
Do you have a great story to share about significant research, an inspiring student or faculty member, or engagement with community? Do you need support with the website, social media or advertising? Are you having an event or do you need a poster? Are you a journalist hoping to interview a researcher? Communications and Marketing is here to advise and support you.
Please direct all media inquiries to: Clayton MacGillivray, Content and Media Specialist.
Looking for forms or toolkits?
Do you need UCalgary's photo consent form, the Werklund School logo or design templates? Interested in best practices when hosting an online event? Or looking for the list of approved vendors?
Communications and Marketing Support
The Werklund School's Communications and Marketing team can provide tools and guidance for marketing events that focus on broad participation across audiences including the faculty, university and external to the university. Our team does not have capacity to manage internal events coordination for the faculty.
Tell us about your event
Submit an events form to the Communications and Marketing team if your event requires:
- Help with social media planning
- Media relations (pitching news release to external media)
- A story in internal communications channels like UToday
- Government stakeholders or other VIPs
- Marketing collateral (ie: print or digital)
Only want to promote your event on social media?
Our social media form helps you give us all the details we'll need to promote your event online.
Would you like your event promoted on the Werklund School website?
Contact our events project specialist to share your event on the Werklund School homepage.
Need a Werklund banner for your event?
If you are a member of faculty or support staff, you can sign out a banner through the Office of Administration.
UCalgary's Marketing team provides professional design support for all faculties and is the central resource on campus for creative solutions, providing an efficient, cost-effective way for faculty and staff to create materials that are compelling, engaging and aligned with the UCalgary brand. For easy-to-use Werklund School templates, check out materials on SharePoint, (must sign in).
How do I use the University and/or Werklund School logos?
Please review UCalgary's Brand Standards for appropriate logo usage.
I'm promoting an event in collaboration with other UCalgary entities?
Use the UCalgary logo, rather than several different department or unit lockups, but ensure the Werklund School of Education is mentioned in the body with the other collaborating faculties or units.
I'm looking for templates with the UCalgary and Werklund School lockup
Check out these options available on SharePoint, (must sign in.)
Need help developing and designing marketing materials?
The Werklund staff directory needs updating
Contact our UNITIS representative in Werklund's Office of Administration
I want to set up a web page for my research project (faculty only)
Fill out the Web Services website requests form » (CAS log-in required).
I need help updating my web page on the Werklund website
Contact the Werklund web administrator
I'm making a promotional video for Werklund School
Please contact Communications and Marketing at the Werklund School for support in ensuring your video is aligned with UCalgary brand standards and Werklund School marketing strategy.
Does UCalgary have approved vendors for videography and/or photography
Yes. Please use vendors who have been vetted through the RFP process and prices negotiated for our external creative services, ensuring creative deliverables (promotional videos, photography, design) are in alignment with established university brand positioning and standards.
Get help with:
- Advice on strategic communications across the faculty, planning for major Werklund School initiatives
- Issues management or crisis communications
- Guidance on institutional brand and identity including processes for creating marketing materials for academic programs, engagement events and other initiatives
- Stories and content for UToday, Arch Magazine, and preparing media releases
Get help with:
- Promoting strong Werklund-focused success stories regarding students, faculty, staff, alumni, and highlighting student success, research impact and community engagement
- Pitching, writing and editing stories and content for UToday, Alumni newsletter, Community Report
- Responding to and pitching stories to journalists and news media outlets about Werklund School research, student experience, faculty and alumni
- Training or coaching for your interview with members of the news media
- Managing and offering strategic guidance on official Werklund social media channels
Get help with:
- Promoting your event, program or new initiative (via the website, social media, email campaigns)
- Advice on best use of marketing materials (posters, brochures, banners, social media, etc.)
- Social media promotion for Werklund-related initiatives
- Writing and editing publicity materials
- Successful goal-setting and measurement for your events and initiatives
Get help with:
- Coaching and training on managing technical website issues
- Problem solving and website requests
- Creating new web pages and uploading major website content edits and revisions, solving technical issues on major website revision projects
- Advising website users of technical requirements and functional capabilities of web initiatives