Why Partner with a Pre-Service Teacher?
Hosting a pre-service teacher is not only a valuable way to ensure continued excellence in your profession, but it also serves as an excellent leadership and professional development opportunity for you!
Want to Become a Partner Teacher?
Partner teachers require:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Education degree, or its equivalent, as approved by the Minister of Education, and a Permanent Teaching Certificate
- A minimum of three years of successful teaching
- An interest in, and a positive attitude toward, teaching and working with university students
- Ability to effectively discuss teaching and learning
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal skills and apply proactive communication skills
- A willingness to assist student teachers throughout their field experience, by providing in-class demonstrations of more effective teaching strategies
- A willingness to continue his/her professional development and to take part in consultations, meetings and workshops related to the field experiences
- Ability to project a favourable image of the profession