Teaching Across Borders (TAB) takes place during your final Fall semester. The application process begins the year before:
- After-Degree students apply in their 1st Fall semester, when they are taking their EDUC 400s
- Concurrent students apply in their 4th Fall semester, when they are taking their EDUC 400s
- Four-Year B.Ed. students apply in their 3rd Fall semester
- Community-Based students apply based on which program pathway they are in (see above)
Check the schedules below to see which dates/sessions apply to you, depending on which year you'll be travelling for TAB.
Due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19, the plans for Fall 2021 TAB are unable to proceed. Please look to this page for further updates on alternative TAB opportunities in Fall 2021.
September, October, & November, specific dates TBA: Interested Student Workshops. Location TBD.
November, date TBA: TAB Application Portal Opens for Fall 2022
December, date TBA: Application Deadline for Fall 2022.
December, date TBA: Group Interviews for TAB Applicants.
- You will sign up for a timeslot when you submit your TAB application. Be sure to apply early if you prefer a specific time!
February: Acceptances emailed.
April: Trip planning; summer course registration
April, specific date TBA: Pre-Departure Workshop #1. Location TBD.
Spring: Apply for International Studentships through UCalgary International.
June: TAB Award acceptances emailed
July: TAB Award distributed
July, specific date TBA: Pre-Departure Workshop #2. Location TBD.
- Country Group photos
Summer Semester: EDUC 525 and EDUC 535
August: Final Preparations
September: Depart for placement at the beginning of September. Specific start dates are determined by the liaison from the partner institution in your host country.
October: Post on teachingacrossborders.ucalgaryblogs.ca
November 2022: Returnee Workshop. Room and Time TBD.
January 2023: Reflective Writing Workshop, Room and Time TBD.
TAB Showcase, Room and Time TBD.
February 2023: Optional meeting with Fall 2023 TAB students