In both the school and camp programs the students would be responsible for the following to support the Spark staff that are leading the programs:
- Supporting the delivery of the program
- Assisting students/campers in the activities to aide in their success
- Assisting with classroom management
- Assisting with greeting schools (providing an orientation to Spark)
- Working with children as they engage with the science centre, helping them in the galleries and as an extra hand to move children through various locations
- Supporting the set-up and take down of programming
- Supporting the prep of programs (more relevant on days when programs aren’t scheduled)
- Pre-service teachers need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued after July 1, 2021). Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
- Participants will be required to sign a volunteer agreement.
Fall 2023 applications are now closed.
Winter 2024 Applications will open on November 20, 2024.
Ready to apply?
1. Log on to Elevate
2. Go to Werklund School of Education > My Werklund Experiences
3. Click on Courses/Programs
4. Find the Service-Learning program and click Apply
5. Complete the Service-Learning Application on Step 1