In both the school and camp programs the students would be responsible for the following to support the Spark staff that are leading the programs:
- Supporting the delivery of the program
- Assisting students/campers in the activities to aide in their success
- Assisting with classroom management
- Assisting with greeting schools (providing an orientation to Spark)
- Working with children as they engage with the science centre, helping them in the galleries and as an extra hand to move children through various locations
- Supporting the set-up and take down of programming
- Supporting the prep of programs (more relevant on days when programs aren’t scheduled)
- Pre-service teachers need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued after July 1, 2021). Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
- Participants will be required to sign a volunteer agreement.