- Pre-service teachers will participate in a school orientation and tour (specific time TBD)
- Pre-service teachers will work with students one-on-one or in small groups in non-traditional classroom environments, including St. Anne's "Hub" and the Fresh Start program. Depending on your subject expertise and students' needs, you will provide proactive academic support to students in Math, Science, or the Humanities, with an emphasis on providing ELL support to a diverse group of learners.
- To develop rapport and trust with students, pre-service teachers will work alongside St. Anne staff and will reach out to students who may be struggling. Pre-service teachers also have the opportunity to extend their involvement beyond the end of the program, or to incorporate traditional classroom opportunities as you become more involved in the St. Anne community. Participants may also have the opportunity to contribute to the school's content development based on individual interests and school needs.
- Pre-service teachers need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued after July 1 of the year you are participating). Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
- All participants will complete an Occupational Health and Safety orientation as well as an orientation to volunteering with St. Anne and Calgary Catholic.
- Note: While St. Anne is part of the CCSD, students of all beliefs and backgrounds are welcome to support this program.
Fall 2023 applications are now closed.
Winter 2024 Applications will open on November 20, 2024.
Ready to apply?
1. Log on to Elevate
2. Go to Werklund School of Education > My Werklund Experiences
3. Click on Courses/Programs
4. Find the Service-Learning program and click Apply
5. Complete the Service-Learning Application on Step 1