Pre-Service teachers should commit to
- Participate in the orientation during the first week of the programs
- Report to their Program Coordinator and Executive Coordinator
- Prepare lesson materials provided by the organization for each session
- Mentor their little buddy by using the lesson materials prepared
- Track their little buddy’s progress
- Attend mentor meetings
- Complete mentor reports
- Assist in volunteer recruitment
By volunteering with LBN, volunteers take on significant responsibilities and develop leadership, communication, and organization skills.
Learning Buddies Network’s mandatory volunteer training must be completed.
Participants must have a criminal record check done before volunteering with children. Participants also need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening. Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process online at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
Pre-Service Teachers must be located in Canada or Continental United States.