- Students have an opportunity to have global learning experience at home which can increase intercultural competencies.
- Werklund students will attend as many sessions and activities as their schedule allows.
- Werklund students will meet with the international students from Australia, Japan and/or China to share about their experience in the BEd program and the Alberta education system.
- Werklund students may act as language buddies for Incoming TAB students who are English Language Learners.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to be on campus during the school day
- Willingness to share experiences with international students
- Apply a variety of facilitation strategies to encourage discussion, generate ideas, and build consensus
- Apply a variety of leadership strategies to develop meaningful relationships with the program and its participants
- Apply a variety of mentorship strategies to support mentees’ personal, social, and academic goals
- Develop cross-cultural competencies related to language, culture, and place
- Examine how teaching and learning take place in other contexts
Want to Learn More?
Contact Caitlin Kane
Experiential Learning Facilitator