Partner Institution: Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Goiás
In past years, Brazil students' schedules have included public school visits, cultural activities, talks and discussions at the host university, and a placement in the university's language centre. Past years have also included an opportunity to be placed in Portuguese classes with other international students.
We ask Brazil students to find their own accommodations close to the PUC - Goias campus. In the past some students have used AirBnBs. Reliable high speed internet is an important look-for.
- Return Flight: $1,500-2,000
- Accommodation costs vary by type:
- $250 per month for a shared apartment with 3 roommates
- $400 per month for Homestay
- $433 per month for an AirBnB shared with 2 other TAB students
- Ground Transportation: $50-75 per month (occasional Uber)
- Food: $150-350 per month
- Can of Coke: $3.00
- Cup of Coffee: $1.00
- Currency: Real
- Exchange Rate
Québec City, Québec, Canada
Partner Institution: Université Laval
While specific details are forthcoming, this placement (beginning in Fall 2020) promises to connect participants to teaching and learning in a Québec context, giving students the opportunity to explore how curriculum vary across provinces, languages, and cultures. Located in the heart of downtown Québec City, this placement also offers a range of cultural opportunities for students who have not visited eastern Canada.
TBD, though we expect to ask students to find their own accommodations.
- Return Flight (Calgary to Québec City): $500-$900
- Transportation: One-way Transit Ticket $3.25; Monthly Pass $85
- Accommodation: $700-$1200+ per month
- Glass of Coke: $2.00
- Cup of Coffee: $4.00
Oxford, Mississippi, United States
Partner Institution: University of Mississippi
In past years, Mississippi participants have received in-school placements that match their teachable subject areas as much as possible. Some students design and teach their own lessons while others support classroom instruction with their partner teachers. Cultural opportunities are a strong highlight for the Mississippi placement, including American history, football games with Ole Miss, and southern cuisine.
We ask Mississippi students to find their own accommodations. Rental prices are high due to long-term leases being more common than short-term rentals.
No Visa (for Canadian travellers)
- Return Flight (Calgary to Memphis): $500+
- Transportation from Memphis to Oxford: Free if arranged with Liaison. $85 (Airport shuttle) or $120 (private shuttle - this option can be split between multiple passengers)
- Transportation: Public transit is limited. Mississippi participants may want to consider renting a car.
- Accommodation: Varies. 2018 students paid $4,000 CAD for a long-term rental.
- Glass of Coke: $2.50
- Cup of Coffee: $2.50
- Currency: US Dollar
- Exchange Rate
Or check out some of our other placements: