Virtual TAB Fall 2023
Each class goes from 8:00 am to 10:30 am MST on Thursdays.
Sept. 1, 2023
Please see below for registration details.
Sept. 14, 2023
Sept. 21, 2023
Sept. 28, 2023
Oct. 5, 2023
Oct. 12, 2023
Oct. 19, 2023
Oct. 26, 2023
Participants will meet synchronously through Zoom and engage asynchronously through a course shell that will be created on D2LBrightSpace (University of Calgary's online portal).
There is no cost associated with Virtual TAB; it is entirely free of charge.
Participants are expected to be able to attend all 6 classes as part of this experience.
- Review worksheets for article/ video
- Discussions: full class, breakout rooms
- Student presentations & discussion questions
- Guest speaker presentations
- Assigned content worksheets
- Curated list of pedagogical resources for student presentations
- “Pen Pal Journals” (online groups with peers)
- Online discussion boards
- Formats for facilitation
- Arts-centered learning & specialty education
- Educational technology
- Universal Design for Learning
- Socio-emotional learning in schools/ Bullying
- Cultural and Linguistic issues in the classroom
- Reflections on Teaching
- Principles of Assessment
- Indigenous issues in Education
- Current education contexts for society, teachers and students