- Pre-Service teachers will participate in a 60-minute training session
- Each volunteer experience runs between 2 and 8 hours, depending on the partner organization. Pre-service teachers should commit to 6 experiences, averaging 4 hours each, during the semester.
- As a Team Leader, you'll support youth as they learn about the social needs that underlie each volunteer project.
- Pre-service teachers will begin by shadowing an experienced leader and supporting the icebreakers, service, and guided reflections that happen at each opportunity. As your placement progresses, you'll take on increased responsibility, with the goal of taking the lead role by the end of your service experience.
Pre-service teachers need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued after July 1 of the year you're participating). Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
Fall 2023 applications are now closed.
Winter 2024 Applications will open on November 20, 2024.
Ready to apply?
1. Log on to Elevate
2. Go to Werklund School of Education > My Werklund Experiences
3. Click on Courses/Programs
4. Find the Service-Learning program and click Apply
5. Complete the Service-Learning Application on Step 1