- Support Journey 2050 activities for 6-8 weeks, providing one-on-one support, leading small group activities, discussions, and leading larger discussions with attending classes.
- In their first week, participants will meet with the Journey 2050 team and will be introduced to the program content.
- With support from Calgary Stampede Journey 2050 teachers and staff, participants will shadow virtual sessions to acquire an understanding of the flow and planning that goes into the development of each session. Participants will then begin to develop inquiry activities that utilize Journey 2050 content. Participants will receive feedback from the Journey 2050 team and eventually adapt and focus lessons based on a specific class.
- In their final two weeks, participants will attend as many segments as possible before presenting and facilitating the activity that they have developed.
- This program is a particularly good fit for participants who are comfortable in virtual environments and are interested in sustainability and food systems.
- Pre-service teachers need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued after July 1, 2021. Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
- In addition, participating pre-service teachers will require a Backcheck record check. Participants will receive more information about this online record check process once they have been matched to the opportunity.