- Inquiry-based alternative classroom program
- Age of Children/Youth: 6-18 Years Old
- Program Locations:
- Stampede Park - 1410 Olympic Way SE, Calgary, AB T2G 2W1
- On-site locations will vary day-to-day based on the participating schools' interests
- In their first week, participants will meet with the teachers whose students will be attending in the final two weeks, to better understand those groups' learning goals and to begin developing a series of activities to lead during their final week.
- With support from Foundation teachers and staff, Werklund Service-Learning participants will develop inquiry activities that align with the goals of Stampede School and meet the needs of the attending students.
- In their final two weeks, participants will attend as many segments as possible before leading their activities, so as to develop a strong rapport with the students and teachers in the classroom.
- Pre-service teachers need a current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued after July 1st of the academic year you are participating). Students who do not already have a police check should begin this process at their local police station as soon as possible, as police checks often take 4-6 weeks to process.
- In addition, participating pre-service teachers will require a Backcheck record check. Participants will receive more information about this online record check process once they have been matched to the opportunity.